Upon Ralph Dayton’s marriage to Mary Haines, he assumed ownership of the Haines property in Southold. The couple did not live there however, but instead rented the property to Reverend Young while Ralph and Mary probably lived just north of Sam at North Sea, in the vicinity of Towd (Pelletreau, 1915). William Wallace suggests that Towd might have been an Indian name for the Fish Grove area.
Towd Point, Davis Creek and Fish Cove can be seen on this Google map.
After Ralph died, Mary married a neighbor, Ffulk Davis. Is Davis Creek named after a descendant of Ffulk?
Does anyone know anything more about Towd, or have theories about where Sam and Ralph might have lived??